INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
About Grower Group:
- Grower Groups are organized group of farmers /producers who intend to produce organic products/engage in organic processes in accordance with the National Standards of Organic Production.
- The Grower Group will have a registered legal identity and have a constitution of the organization and shall be presented by an organizational chart. For implementation of the procedures to maintain the internal control system, responsibilities shall be delegated to individual members / committees for carrying out specific activities.
- Grower Group certification is based on the concept of an Internal Quality Management System comprising of the following:
- Implementation of the internal control system
- Internal standards
- Risk assessment
Service Provider/ Mandator :
The service provider/mandator is an external body (e.g., Self-Help Groups / NGOs / Private Agency / State Govt. Agency) contracted by Grower Groups for maintaining the documentation, training, quality control, facilitating certification by an accredited Certification Body and for marketing of the produce of the Grower Groups.
Requirement of Grower Group Certification :
A grower group must fulfill the following requirements for Organic Certification.
- The grower group shall consist of minimum 25 and maximum 500 farmers. The producers/farmers in the group must apply similar production systems and the farms should be in geographical proximity. Individual farms with land holding of 4 ha (10 acres) and above can also be a part of the group but will have to be inspected separately every year by the accredited Certification Body.
- The Grower Group/ICS will have a registered legal identity and have a constitution of the organization and shall be presented by an organizational chart. For implementation of the procedures to maintain the internal control system, responsibilities shall be delegated to individual members / committees for carrying out specific activities.
- In case the farmers cannot run the ICS, they may enter into a contract with an external service provider/mandator/trader to facilitate the maintenance of internal control system, training, co-ordination and marketing of certified produce and to facilitate the certification from Certification Body.
- The internal standards shall be prepared in local language by the ICS manager for the region of operations under the framework of NPOP standards.
- 100% internal inspections for all farmers should be carried out before applying for Certification of Grower Group.
- All the farmers shall maintain the farm diary for noting their activities on their farms.
- The Grower Group must have sufficient staff to maintain the documents, training of farmers & staff, internal inspection, purchasing etc.
- The ICS personnel shall not have any conflict of interest that might hinder the work. All possible conflicts shall be declared in a written statement.
- Tracenet : It is a web based traceability system for use by the registered operators and accredited Certification Bodies under the NPOP. All the farmer’s related data must be entered on Tracenet after Registration of Grower Group with CB.
- The ICS manager shall prepare the operating document, which shall be followed by all the members of the group. The operating document will contain the following :
- An overview map (village or community map) showing location of each member’s production unit.
- Farmer’s list with code and name of the farmer, total area, area under crop (or number of plants), date of registration with the group, date of last use of forbidden products, date of internal inspection, name of internal inspector, result of internal inspection (separate lists for in-conversion farmers).
- List of farmers who have been issued sanctions with the reason and the duration of the sanction (if relevant).
- Organization Chart, Conflict of Interest Declaration, Internal Standards, ICS Manual, Staff Training Records, Farmer Training Records, Contract between Farmer & ICS, Farm Diaries, Internal Inspection Checklist, Purchase Register etc.
Note: For more information about certification of Grower Group, please may contact AOCA Office or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020-65410070
AOCA is offering certification services for an individual famer who are having small land/farm and not able to get certification under Farmer’s Group .
Note: For more information about certification of individual farmer, please may contact AOCA Office or Email email@example.com or call us on 020-65410070
Processing, Trading & Handling
AOCA is offering certification service to certify Processing & Trading unit facilities in all over India. Organic certification of Processing, Trading Units verifies that your processing or trading & handling facility complies with the Organic Standards. This certification allows you to sell, label, and represent your products as organic after getting the Certification from Certification Body.
Benefits of Certification of Processing & Trading Units
- Receive premium prices for your products
- Access local, regional, and international markets
- Protect natural resources
- Support local economies
- Access additional funding and technical assistance programs
Currently AOCA is accredited to provide Certification services as per NPOP standards, So you can export your organic products in European countries & Third countries after getting the Certification from AOCA.
Note: For more information about certification of Processing & Trading units, please may contact AOCA Office or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020-65410070
AOCA is offering certification service to certify Wild Collection products in all over India. Wild harvest collection refers to the collection of medicinal and aromatic plants from their natural habitats. The main purpose of certifying the collection of wild plants/crops is to ensure that the collection does not endanger the ecosystem, and that the stability of the plant population or the ecosystem is not threatened. The high consumer demand and steady growth in recent years demand of forest produce is gradually increasing in the world market due to use of forest products in food and medicinal industry. Therefore wild harvest certification offers opportunities for tribal communities or collectors whose livelihoods are depend to forest resources.
Requirement of Wild collection Certification :
- The area of collection of products should be properly identified on appropriate maps issued by the concerned Government Authorities.
- Operator records of all collectors and the quantities bought from each collector should be properly maintained.
- The operators who are involved in cultivation in the forest area recognized under Forest Rights Act 2006, the verification of compliance shall follow the crop production standards.
Note: For more information about certification of wild collection, please may contact AOCA Office or Email email@example.com or call us on 020-65410070
AOCA is offering certification service for approval of the products (Manure/ Bio-fertilizer/ Bio-Pesticide/ Herbal Preparation/Traps) manufactured in your Input manufacturing units. AOCA ensures the compliance of inputs eligible for use in organic farming & Production and confirm the compliance with the National standards for Organic Production.
Note: For more information about Input approval certification, please may contact AOCA Office or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020-65410070